Professional Learning Communities make decisions everyday. But are they good decisions? How do you know? What makes a good decision?
Here are 6 Elements of a Good Decision from Carl Spetzler, director of the Strategic Decision and Risk Management program at Stanford University and CEO of the Strategic Decisions Group. (Via Kim Girard of Bnet)
1. The right frame — making sure you’re solving the right problem in the first place.
2. Clarity about what you want.
3. Creative alternatives.
4. Gathering the right information, including information about uncertainty, which is essential if you want to choose the best alternative.
5. Reasoning, which includes what you know and what you don’t.
6. A commitment to make it happen, since a decision is no stronger than its weakest link.