1. Analyze Learning Habits Is your learning planned? How many books do I read in a year?
2. Schedule Time for Learning Establish a reading goal Prioritize and schedule time to read Use empty time
3. Balance Your Learning Read people you disagree with Read broadly
4. Don't Just Read a Book Wrestle with it Respond to what you read Mark up your books and take notes
5. Read Critically Author- who wrote it? Testimonials- who recommends it? Contents- what's in it? Research- what are it's sources? Reviews- what do the critics say? Publisher- who sponsored it? Audience- who is it written for? Time- how long has it been around? Red flags- are there problems with it?
6. Do A Monthly Web Tour Find new books on the web and social media.